Will I Survive?

 



    A student who is used to the traditional mode of learning, the face to face learning. Switching off to modular learning. What are the things that could possibly happen? Every single thing that can happen, the good, the bad, and the thing that is in between.

   I must admit, my ability to absorb all the knowledge by myself was tested, and will still be tested for this school year given that we just finish the first quarter. It made me question whether I really excel academically or that I am just active so I am not ‘left out’. We all are struggling and I don’t want to come off as whiny but, it was really hard because I can’t focus and function the same way as I did when I am inside the four corners of a classroom. But I managed, somehow, we managed. Throw in a couple breakdowns because nothing, literally nothing is going in my head even though I have tried my best to apprehend what was given. The thought of failing is there, questioning whether I am doing my best or not. There were times where my motivation barely exists because I felt so tired and the school year just begun.

    For this quarter, I struggled with accomplishing my tasks in math and subjects that require essays or written outputs but on the same topic because it is hard for me to squeeze my brain for some information. Sometimes the concept notes were not complete or sufficient on certain subjects so I have to do some quick search on the internet to answer the tasks. There would be times where the given tasks does not fit with what was written and what the teacher said so it was confusing. If I could rate my experience overall for this quarter, it would be 7.5 / 10, given that I am still adjusting. It can be higher or lower but that’s the best I can give.

   In all honesty, I am just probably lazy. Procrastination comes knocking at my door every time I start doing my school works. The temptation is there and most of the time I cave in, which I’ll end up regretting afterwards. Hopefully next quarter, I’ll have a more positive outlook on this and that I can practice on focusing a lot better because then, it will be I who’ll suffer if I don’t. 

Stay in school kids. Or not. It is your choice anyway. :)





Image is an original, which means it is made by me. 

Comments

Popular Posts