Leaving It All In The Past and Moving Forward

 


   What a time to be alive! Without even realizing it, a year has already passed and it was quite eventful to say the least. On January 12 of the year 2020, one of the most active volcano of the Philippines, the Taal volcano, erupted. We could say that we started New Year with a bang. In the same month, the first suspected case of the COVID-19 disease was investigated and there were more than 500 cases reported in March. Lockdown was in March, putting a halt to our daily routines. The supposedly 14 days quarantine lasted for months end because the authorities could not risk the number of cases getting out of hand. So, we learned to adapt a new living habit we now call the “new normal”. It was just the beginning of the year and so many thing have already transpired. Everyone is not even prepared for what the year 2020 has to bring, we moved forward to meet the unexpected.

   Now, here we are. A year has passed, yet I still feel the same. The same routine ever since the quarantine started, the same old habits. The world around me is continuously changing, be it good or bad but as for me, aside from physically changing like cutting my hair short, I still feel the same. Change is hard to some people, and it is normal to not be used to it. It takes a lot of willpower to let go of things, habits, people that has been a part of your life. 

   For the year 2021, I am looking forward to facing more adventures. I want to savour the feeling of spending my time with the people close to my heart. Given the situation we are in at the moment, it is hard to tell what might happen because the possibilities are endless. I want to be able to have fun without worrying about the little things, I want to savour the feeling of being a teenager. I want to step out of my comfort zone and discover a side of me that has been hidden, if I have one. I want to be somebody else but at the same time still me, if that makes sense. I want to change my point of view in life, have a positive mindset, move on and start a new journey. Isn’t that what we all want? 


Image retrieved at https://pin.it/3U2rHUG.


I


Comments

  1. 2020 was indeed an eventful year, but as you said, we must move forward. For 2021, I hope you achieve your desires and goals in life. May you have a great year and a wonderful time ahead, Charisma!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this composition. I agree with your meaningful thoughts. Year 2020 is indeed a tough year for all of us and hopefully this year will be a better year.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts