A Letter To The President

 


Dear Mr. President,

                               I am Charisma, a high school student here in Vigan City, Province of Ilocos Sur. I am 15, my birthday was on May, on the 21st. How are you? You are almost on your last term as the president of the Philippines, our beloved country and I can’t really tell if I am satisfied or not satisfied with the way you ran our country based on the past years. Sure, everyone have made good and bad decisions but it all weighs done on which is heavier, right?

   I want to discuss to you some few topics that made me question whether you are a good president or not.

   First, the latest topic, the COVID-19. Everyone is suffering, and we are still adjusting on how to live in a new normal style. Many Filipinos got out of their job because of the new safety protocols and they are now trying their best to stand back up, but it is hard. Our country is still struggling to live through the pandemic. We are labelled as a third world country for a reason and I don’t want to degrade the place I live in but we did not handle this pandemic well and it shows. Right? What will happen next, Mr. president?

   Second is about the ongoing corruption in our country. One of your promises when you were campaigning for the presidency, was to end the corruption in our country. I applaud for arresting some corrupt politicians that have been bathing on the money that the citizens deserve to have. But that’s not even half of them. It is impossible for corruption to end in our country in just a short period of time, but corruption has been in our country for way too long. We won’t experience a free and developed country if the leaders we deemed to give a change are actually the reason why progress is not here.

   Lastly, I want to tell you that as much as I want to have peace and harmony in our country, violence is not the solution. You are known as a though leader, and I give you that because you are. But Mr. President, this tough act should not go as far as being ignorant on the pleas of your people. We want our basic human rights to be acknowledged and respected, not be ignored and ridiculed. We want you to maybe listen to what we want because we can help each other contribute on changing our country for the better.

    Through the perspective of a young Filipino citizen, our country will maybe get better when everyone will open their eyes that change will not really come just because someone said it but if someone actually did something to make change happen.

   Thank you for your time Mr. President. Until Next time.

 

All the Best,

Charisma Grace Barrion



Image retrieved at https://www.google.com/search?q=duterte&rlz=1C1CHBF_enPH731PH731&sxsrf=ALeKk00i6b4uZt47EqpQPfvodT0tQVNEfA:1603193680640&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjLvtzuicPsAhWNwJQKHVECBvMQ_AUoAXoECAUQAw&cshid=1603193725256214&biw=1366&bih=625#imgrc=otzwMw0Lo4r9bM

Comments

  1. Such great words written straightforwardly for the truth,resonating an iron will that could shake the land to its feet when its pleas would be heard. Indeed I agree with such wise words that would be the catalyst towards change:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let us be thankful to our president because if he isn't the one seated on that position what will happen to out country?. That's why he is the best president in our generation

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire on how you courageously pointed his major unpleasant doings. Continue to inspire the youth by telling the truth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Charisma! I agree that our country will truly and only get better if everyone opens their eyes to reality. Such a remarkable composition regarding the President. I hope to read more from you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi charisma, thank you for giving me a glimpse of hope because mostly of the blogs that I read, its all about compliments, appreciation, admiration to the president, I mean.... This is now the perfect time to let your ideas and thoughts out. I love your blog because it's so sincere.... Im astonished by your work!!
    Goodjob and I hope our perspective on the president will change soon... And I wish he will change in a positive way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The people never gave The President a chance to lead properly. He is one of the best in my opinion but it is so sad to see him not supported by the people. A man who wants to cleanse our country and make the country a better place is being bashed and criticized by the same people he wants to protect. I hope Filipinos change and give our next leader a chance

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts